Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far They Can Go


- T.S. Eliot


Thursday, January 31, 2013


So it’s been quite some time since I have decided to blog about anything in particular. Running has taken an even bigger hold on day to day life. I also believe that what I deemed “running” before has now evolved into something that I could have never imagined.  In the past when I would go out for the run I go with purpose (running faster was usually the purpose). The run has become part of my daily life and I need to make it to the top in my head. In one form or another I revolve around it and it no longer revolves around me.
Recently, I spent a nice January run out by the ice of Lake Michigan. Timing myself was not going to be important that day…I would relax, but the run two and from and the views and pictures took while down by the lake was more fun than I could have ever imagined. I know that I really felt alive that day.


You don’t need to spend money on a tiny adventure like that and that helps with the enjoyment factor for sure. You don’t need to plan every little detail of your run because sometimes surprises can be a good thing. You don’t need to time your run every time in order to get better or enjoy it.. simplicity can be addicting too. What I realized is that with a deep breath and one step forward a wonderful adventure can easily begin and it doesn’t always have to be about being faster, stronger, or winning. 
I’m not saying I will ever give up on trying my best and pushing myself to my limits…but I think I realized now that in order to enjoy life...in order to have more of that moment of harmony…at times you need to step back and take everything in and enjoy the simple things. It’s quite a peaceful thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete